Emotional Day

So it's pretty embarrassing to admit to being an emotional eater. It is something I have struggled with admitting for a while now. The thing is that I always equate emotional with week and I like to consider myself a strong person. My journey from fat to thin; unhealthy to healthy has to include a lot of self-analysis which can be difficult to do. Why do I emotionally eat? Is it easier to eat then to face the emotions head on? I am pretty certain that this is the case. Today I ate at McDonalds and had a medium fries (in my defense I ordered a small, but was given a medium) and a McDouble extra onions. I ate the McDouble without the bun and documented the points in my app. After eating I was left feeling not fully satisfied and to be honest, a little sick. I felt light headed and like I needed a nap. It didn't feel like the sadness I was experiencing was suddenly gone, but now I just needed to sleep. While I was eating the fries the thought came to me, "You are emotionally eating, stop." It wasn't easy to stop. I proceeded to eat way too many carbs today, which I now realize are my go to for emotional eating. Despite feeling like a failure with my eating today, I wasn't a failure in my self-actualization. I spent some time alone thinking about loss and why I was so emotional. Today I have been thinking a lot about my Daddy. It's been so many years since I have seen him and I don't think that the pain or loss has subsided. There is no solution but to allow myself to cry and remember the good times. Food doesn't bring him back, and in the end leaves me feeling worse then before. It is difficult for me though. If you have loss a parent you can probably understand. I feel like my life is a puzzle picture but there is always a missing piece and there is no way to make it whole. Thank you, God that I had almost 15 years with the best Daddy ever. I am blessed that I have good memories and won't ever take that for granted! I am blessed that my Daddy loved the Lord, my Momma, and my brother and I. I know that I am blessed to have known him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weigh Day 3--Up .8 pounds

Dreaming in skinny-Cuando empiezas a soñar con estar delgado