Patterns and changing

It's funny, really. Here I sit. Year 3, right around the same time blogging. It's obviously a pattern. New year, new hope and motivation and eeeyyyyaaaapppphhhppp...that's the sound of life getting in the way of ideals and motivation.

I know this will sound like a broken record but really, this is a year of change.Every year is, but this year, 2014 is the one where I get fit. I want to have a resolution or resolutions but I am never able to keep them. My goal this year is simply to eat healthy food and get my body fit. I know what I want that to be, but not what is reasonable.

So, as of today I joined Weight Watchers. I was a member before and successful when I stayed on it, but when I didn't well, gained the weight. I do believe it is the one thing that works so I am on board and plan on staying that way for the rest of my life.

I wish there was a magic pill that I could take and the fat would melt off and I would no longer crave snickers and sushi, but there's not. The magic pill is called self control. I don't understand how like 15 years ago I had immense self control and like I just lost it. How do I find it but not find the eating disorder that went along with it? I'm no psychologist, but one of my goals is to figure out what made me gain weight (duh, eating more calories then consumed) and why haven't I done like I used to--just simply lost it? I know its super easy to blame age on weight gain but I know that is not it for me. A person's 20's it should be easy to lose weight, but I didn't. I am not going to be fat for my 30's.

My plan it to blog 3-5 days a week (or more) about recipe's which will have WW points, and the daily challenges of being overweight. I'm quite certain that this year I will learn a lot about myself and I am ready to face it.

The buck stops here. I am taking back the reigns and the control.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Day

Weigh Day 3--Up .8 pounds

Dreaming in skinny-Cuando empiezas a soñar con estar delgado